20 Questions is our new, fun blog series here at BIZPORT where we take a few minutes to get to know our favorite team members a little better. Meet Julie Kirby, Manager Finance + Administration. Not only is Julie one of the most fun employees at BIZPORT with a terrific sense of humor, she was also our 2019 Manager of the Year.
- What is your greatest fear?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
Pretty much, anywhere outside.
- Where is the best place you’ve traveled to and why?
Germany – traveled back to the place where I was born…yes, I am an Army Brat.
- What would you do (for a career) if you weren’t doing this?
Being a “picker” – buying and selling “junque” – one man’s junk, is another man’s treasure.
- Do you have a favorite line from a movie?
“You’re gonna shoot your eye out.”
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I play softball 7 months out of the year.
- If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
Learn a (or more) foreign language – not just being able to count to ten in several.
- What are 3 words you’d use to describe BIZPORT?
Innovative, professional, personal-touch.
- If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
If I won today – Sorry Bizport, but I would retire and travel.
- When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?
Being outside soaking up the sun.
- What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
working in the garden/yard.
- What does true leadership mean to you?
Developing someone’s potential by equipping them with the right tools, fairness, and consistency.
- What has been the most important innovation you have witnessed in your lifetime?
TV dinners – from the foiled wrapped of the ’60s to all of the microwavable products we have today…it was the beginning of our “throw-away” society.
- If you could do another job for just one day, what would it be?
President of the United States.
- What would you most like to tell yourself at age 12?
Don’t start smoking.
- What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
A health scare earlier this year.
- What is the first concert you attended?
Saying the Richmond Symphony doesn’t count – it would be Def Leppard or AC/DC.
- What is your favorite movie?
There are many, but I’ll say The Christmas Story.
- What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
- If you had to eat one meal, every day for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Some sort of meat and a salad.
BIZPORT is the premier design + print agency proudly serving the Richmond, Hampton Roads, and Outer Banks regions (and beyond) for over 30 years. “How you get things done.” It’s not just our tagline. It’s a promise to be here for your company whenever you need us. From start through finishing. For projects large, small and everything in between… when it absolutely has to get done right, it has to be BIZPORT.