Greatness + Respect + Innovation + Tenacity = GRIT. These are BIZPORT’s core values. These core values define who we are and what we strive to be. We are guided by the principles of GRIT in everything we do, and in every decision we make. For this reason, we think a lot about our core values. Our associates think a lot about them, too. It’s that important to us. Your company’s core values should be that important to you as well.
A company’s core values cannot just be a list of words and phrases that are posted in the breakroom or relegated to employee onboarding. A successful company lives by their core values, preaches their core values, believes in their core values, and recognizes employees for staying true to those core values. They are a company’s moral -compass that should guide all organizational decision making. It’s your contract with employees, customers, and your community. So, even if/when market conditions change, core values should remain constant.
Here are a few examples of the core values other companies live by.
The Container Store
- 1 Great Person = 3 Good People
- Communication IS Leadership
- Fill the other guy’s basket to the brim. Making money then becomes an easy proposition.
- The Best Selection, Service & Price
- Intuition does not come to an unprepared mind. You need to train before it happens.
(Source: The Container Store)
Donkin’ Donuts/ Baskin Robbins
- Exhibit Superior Character – You can always recover from the truth
- Fairness – Always do the right thing, especially when it is tough to do
- Responsibility – Own the outcome whether it’s good or bad
- Transparency -Share your thoughts without hesitation
- Respect – Give people their dignity and earn others’ respect
- Integrity – Character shows when no one is looking
- Humility – It’s about the team. Never lose sight of those who helped along the way or those less fortunate in our communities.
(Source: Dunkin’ Donuts/ Baskin Robbins) http://www.dunkinfranchising.com/franchisee/en/brandPower.html
- Be authentic and innovative with our brand and products
- Continually strive for improvement
- Prioritize activities that have the biggest impact
- Be responsive and go the extra mile
- Act with a sense of urgency
- No one succeeds alone
(Source: Yeti coolers)
- We are a mindful, transparent, and humane business.
- We plan and build for the long term.
- We value craftsmanship in all we make.
- We believe fun should be part of everything we do.
- We keep it real, always.
Values on Display
BIZPORT strives each day to live up to our core values. This isn’t background noise for us. It is us. That’s why we have large wall graphics and t-shirts incorporating our core values; a rewards program based on our values; and center personnel decisions on our core values. It’s the driving force behind our company culture. And we make sure these values are on display throughout our company, as reminders to all of us.
There are several ways BIZPORT can help to reinforce your company’s core values in the workplace. Whether you need large signage or printed literature, we can help you find the best fit for your organization. Put your values on display. We do.